Extended Warranty FAQS
Things To Try Before Calling For Service:
- If your system has a filter, turn the equipment off and check for a clogged or dirty filter.
- Reset all breakers or switches for equipment; remember that some systems have 2 breakers.
- Turn the thermostat off and then on, wait 10 minutes and check if running.
- Clear all debris and obstructions from equipment.
- If equipment has a circuit board with status L.E.D. lights, take note of the pattern or numbers of L.E.D. blinks and consult the owner’s manual or call Trustco Heating and Air for advice.
- Make sure there are no blocked or closed air vents throughout the house.
- If equipment or copper line sets are iced up and won’t defrost themselves, turn them off and defrost them for 24 hours and then check items 1, 4, and 6. Call for service if problems persist. Note for heat pumps: Temporarily switch the thermostat to emergency heat until the problem is solved.
- Consult the equipment owner’s manual for instructions and troubleshooting tips.